Who ever said pancakes were just for lazy Sunday mornings? With this simple recipe you can whip up a fluffy, chocolatey pancake stack any day of the week.
130 g gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 scoop (36g) Chocolate Vega® Essentials
2 Tbsp chickpea flour mixed with 2 Tbsp water
250mL almond drink
80g mashed banana
Serve with sliced banana and date syrup
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and Chocolate Vega® Essentials.
- Whisk the almond drink into the chickpea flour mixture, then gradually whisk this into the dry ingredients, with the mashed banana, until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When the oil is hot, add a ladle full of the batter to the frying pan. Wait until bubbles begin to appear in the surface of the pancake, then turn and cook until both sides are golden.
- Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
- Serve with sliced banana and date syrup.