Brunch just got a whole lot more interesting with this quick and easy Vanilla Protein Granola. Top off your fresh fruit and plant-based yoghurt or smoothie bowl with it, or just add plant-based drink straight to your homemade granola and enjoy!
90 g rolled oats
1 serving (34 g) Vanilla Vega® Essentials
45 g desiccated coconut
60 g hemp seeds or flaxseeds
40 g pumpkin seeds
35 g sunflower seeds
80 g chopped almonds
1 Tbsp maple syrup
125 mL rapeseed or sunflower oil
1 vegan dark chocolate bar (at least 70% cocoa), chopped
Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160 ºC fan/gas 4.
- Place all the dry ingredients, except the chocolate bar, in a large bowl and mix together. Add in the maple syrup and stir through. Finally add in the oil gradually so that it sticks to all of the dry ingredients. You may not need the full amount of oil.
- Spread the granola onto a lined baking tray, pressing down into one even layer.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the granola is baking, chop up the chocolate bar.
- After 15 minutes, take the granola out of the oven and flip over in large pieces.
- Place back into the oven for another 8-10 minutes or until your granola starts to brown slightly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Once cool, break into chunks and add in the chopped chocolate. Store in an airtight container.