Be a smart cookie and make these chocolate, chewy, vegan, goodies. Did we mention it's also gluten-free?
1 Tbsp ground chia seeds
3 Tbsp water
150 g all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
50 g oats
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
180 g vegan alternative to butter
100 g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
150 g vegan chocolate chips
Optional: chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5.
- Make a chia egg by combining the water and chia seeds. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, oats, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Add in the chia egg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until combined, then add the chocolate chips.
- Drop approximately a tablespoon of dough on an ungreased baking tray. Gently press the dough ball with your thumb to flatten slightly.
- Cook until golden brown, approximately 9-12 minutes, then cool for 2-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.