Sweet potat-OMG, these fudgy vegan brownies are divine. Bake up a batch to enjoy whenever you fancy a cheeky chocolate fix during the week.
150 g pecan nuts, plus 12 reserved pecan nuts for decoration
300 g pitted medjool dates
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
3 scoops (108 g) Chocolate Vega® Essentials
2 small cooked sweet potatoes
- Add the pecan nuts to a food processor and blend into a flour.
- Scoop the flesh from the sweet potatoes and add to the food processor, along with the 2 Tbsp cocoa powder, pinch of salt, the dates and the Chocolate Vega® Essentials.
- Blend everything together into a smooth mixture.
- Line a small square deep sided baking dish with parchment paper and spoon in the mixture, squashing this right into the corners and levelling it out with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill for two hours.
- Dust the surface of the brownie with the remaining cocoa powder and cut into 16 small squares. Press a pecan nut into the top of each brownie square to finish.