Looking to add a little oomph to your breakfast? These banana protein pancakes might just fit the bill. Part pancake, part banana bread, they make a delicious post-workout meal or Sunday morning brunch. Top with your favourite fruit, nuts, or syrup of choice and enjoy!
1 large banana, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
250 mL plant-based drink like almond or coconut
130 g gluten-free all-purpose flour like buckwheat flour
1 serving (35 g) vanilla Vega® Clean* Protein
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp cinnamon
A little oil for frying
Optional Toppings: Banana slices, chopped nuts or maple syrup
- Whisk together the plant-based drink of choice, mashed banana and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined. Add more plant-based drink if the batter appears too thick.
- Drizzle a little oil on a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add a spoonful of the pancake batter onto the pan. Flip once bubbles have formed and popped (approximately 2 minutes per side).
- Top with fresh fruit, nuts and maple syrup and enjoy!
*At Vega®, Clean means: Non-GMO, suitable for vegetarians and vegans, gluten-free and non-dairy ingredients.