You can thank the chia seeds for this delicious all-fruit jam! It’s even more delicious on these incredible Quinoa Scones!
125 g frozen raspberries or strawberries
2 Tbsp chia seeds
Optional: sweetener, as desired
190g all-purpose gluten-free flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
65 mL coconut oil, solid
60 g cooked quinoa
1 Tbsp polenta
125 mL plant-based drink
½ tsp apple cider vinegar
3 Tbsp maple syrup
30 g dried berries of your choice (soaked overnight)
- In a small saucepan, combine the raspberries or strawberries and sweetener (if using) over a low heat for 5 minutes or until defrosted.
- Mash with a fork.
- Add in the chia seeds.
- Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until a jam texture has formed.
Place in a jar and refrigerate to set.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Rub in the coconut oil until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the quinoa and polenta.
- In a separate bowl, combine the plant-based drink, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and dried berries. Add in the dry ingredients and stir until you get soft dough.
- Drop 10 spoonfuls of the dough on to the baking tray, leaving space between each one. Smooth out each scone’s top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool on the baking tray.
- Once cool, spread with chia jam, grab a cuppa and enjoy!