Need the perfect afternoon tea recipe? Why not start with cinnamon cake! This gluten-free cinnamon cake has vanilla Vega® in it for an extra bit of nutrition.
195 g gluten-free all-purpose flour
30 g Vanilla Vega® Essentials or Vanilla Vega® Clean* Protein
150 g sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
125 mL coconut oil or plant-based alternative to butter, cold
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 Tbsp water)
190 mL unsweetened almond drink
45 g oats
24 g almond flour (or ground almonds)
55 g brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
75 mL coconut oil or plant-based alternative to butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4 and grease a 20 cm round cake tin.
- Combine the flour, Vega® Essentials or Clean* Protein, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Cut the coconut oil or plant-based alternative to butter into the dry ingredients.
- Add in the flax egg and almond drink, then mix until combined.
- Press into the cake tin and level with your fingers.
- Combine all the streusel topping ingredients together and sprinkle onto the cake mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
*At Vega®, Clean means: Non-GMO, suitable for vegetarians and vegans, gluten-free and non-dairy ingredients.