Watch out cookies, there’s a new indulgence in town! We think these can even count as breakfast, since they include waffles made with Vega® Clean* Protein, and the “ice cream” is made with just bananas.
1 ½ tsp ground flaxseed
65 mL water
190 g gluten-free all-purpose flour
56 g Vanilla Vega® Clean* Protein
45 g cocoa powder
50 g cane sugar or coconut sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
A pinch sea salt
65 mL peanut butter
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
65 mL vegetable or rapeseed oil
375 mL unsweetened almond drink
4 bananas, sliced and frozen
1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- Heat your waffle iron.
- Make a flax egg by combining the flaxseed and water together in a bowl and setting aside.
- Combine the gluten-free flour, Vega® Clean* Protein, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and sea salt in a bowl.
- Combine the peanut butter, apple cider vinegar, oil and almond drink with the flax egg.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until a batter forms. The batter should be thick.
- Cook waffles according to the waffle maker instructions.
7. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Enjoy immediately or freeze overnight for a harder texture.
8. Put a scoop of banana ice cream in between 2 room temperature waffles. Wrap and freeze for future use or eat immediately.
*At Vega®, Clean means: Non-GMO, suitable for vegetarians and vegans, gluten-free and non-dairy ingredients.