Vega® Essentials or Vega® Clean* Protein isn’t just delicious in smoothies—you can also bake with it. Give it a try with fresh, local blueberries in this summertime blueberry crumble. Or try it with fresh blackberries for a twist!
450 g fresh blueberries or blackberries
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp potato or tapioca starch
135 g gluten-free rolled oats
1 serving (34 g) Vanilla Vega® Essentials or (35 g) Vanilla Vega® Clean* Protein
30 g pumpkin seeds
30 g sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp chia seeds
80 mL coconut oil
Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- In a baking dish, combine the blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup and potato or tapioca starch. Mix together.
- In a food processor pulse the sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds until they become finely chopped.
- In a separate bowl combine the seed mixture, oats, chia seeds, Vega® powder, salt and coconut oil, mix together with hands until the mixture becomes moist and crumbly.
- Place the oat mixture on top of the blueberries in the baking dish, until the entire top is covered with the crumble mixture.
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes or until the crumble starts to brown. Let it cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy on its own or with a scoop of coconut ice cream.
*At Vega®, Clean means: Non-GMO, suitable for vegetarians and vegans, gluten-free and non-dairy ingredients.