'Donut' let this week pass by without making these. Suitable for everyone too! Makes 36 mini donuts or 12-15 full sized ones
1 scoop Chocolate Vega Essentials
100 g gluten-free flour
25 g cocoa powder
1½ Tbsp ground flax meal
50 g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
310 mL unsweetened almond drink, warmed
6 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana
60 mL coconut oil, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
50 g dark chocolate chips
1 Tbsp coconut oil
3 Tbsp peanut butter, melted
40 g icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
125 mL plant-based drink
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/ gas mark 4 and grease a donut baking tray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Combine wet ingredients in small mixing bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients being careful not to over mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix again gently. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the batter into the donut tray.
Bake for 15 to 25 minutes depending on the size of your donut tray. Leave to cool.
- In a small bowl combine the coconut oil and peanut butter. Warm in a microwave (or melt on the hob) until softened. Stir to combine evenly.
- Add the vanilla extract and icing sugar to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the plant-based drink 1 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Spoon the glaze onto the donuts or place in shallow bowl and dip tops of donuts. Feel free to get creative and add sprinkles or chocolate chips for decoration!