It’s time to get your bake on… high protein style! See if your friends can guess the secret icing ingredient…
250 mL plant-based drink
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
150 g gluten-free all-purpose flour
50 g oats, ground
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
160 mL maple syrup
125 mL coconut oil, melted
1 avocados, peeled and pitted
50 g cocoa powder
60 mL maple syrup
1 orange, zested and juiced
Salt, as desired
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/ gas mark 4 and line a muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, protein, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the plant-based drink, vinegar, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Gently fold the wet into the dry ingredients and pour into muffin tins.
- Bake 12-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are cooling make the icing. In a blender combine the avocado, orange zest and juice, cocoa powder, protein, salt and maple syrup.
- Ice the cooled cupcakes and enjoy!
*At Vega®, Clean means: Non-GMO, suitable for vegetarians and vegans, gluten-free and non-dairy ingredients.