Is there anything better than a comforting bowl of porridge on a wintery morning? With warming spices, cinnamon and nutmeg, combined with crisp autumn apples, this bowl of goodness will become a regular this winter.
175 g uncooked quinoa
250 mL water
250 mL apple juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch nutmeg
1 apple (cored and diced)
2 Tbsp Vanilla Vega® Essentials
Optional toppings: chopped nuts, raisins, maple syrup
- Rinse the quinoa with cold water.
- Add the quinoa, apple juice, water, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a medium pan.
- Bring to boil over a medium-high heat.
- Add the diced apple and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer until the quinoa is tender and the liquid is mostly absorbed, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir through the Vanilla Vega® Essentials
- Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork.
- Serve warm with your favourite plant-based toppings!