This is one sweeeeeeeet potato curry, and a real crowd pleaser. It is also vegan and gluten-free, so one for all your guests to enjoy!
3 sweet potatoes
2 red onions
1 red chilli
2 garlic cloves
4 cm ginger
2 Tbsp curry powder
1 star anise
200 mL vegetable stock
400 g tomato passata
400 ml coconut milk from a can
A few sprigs of coriander
1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained
150 g spinach
2 Tbsp Chocolate Vega® Essentials
- Peel the sweet potato, cut in half and slice.
- Finely chop the red onion and chilli and grate the ginger and garlic.
- Heat a pan with oil, and gently fry the red onion, chilli, garlic and ginger until softened. Add the curry powder and star anise, continuing to stir fry for a minute.
- Add the stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, tomato passata, sweet potato and coriander. Bring to the boil and let simmer, covered, over a medium heat until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Add the spinach, chickpeas and Vega Essentials to the curry and stir well until all the spinach has shrunk, and the chickpeas are cooked through.
- Dish up and enjoy!