Yes please, and thank you! This burger can’t be beet.
50 g gluten-free oats
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 red onion, peeled and chopped
2 red beetroots, cut into quarters
4 mushrooms, cut into halves
4 cloves garlic, peeled
400 g tin kidney beans, drained
2 Tbsp nut butter
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp chilli flakes
Salt and pepper, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with foil and spray lightly with oil.
- In a food processor, blend the oats into a fine powder. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Blend the celery, onion, beetroots, mushrooms and garlic in the food processor until fine. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Blend the kidney beans, nut butter, paprika and chilli flakes in the food processor until smooth. Add into the mixing bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to the mixture and mix until well combined. Taste to check seasoning.
- Split the mixture into 9 equal balls. Form each ball into a burger on your baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes then carefully flip. Bake another 25 minutes.
- Serve on burger buns with whatever condiments your heart desires. We like guacamole, tomatoes, lettuce and whatever other veggies are in season. Omit the buns and these beet burger patties are also delicious served with a salad.