Have we 'guac' a salad jar for you... taco'bout lunch goals. Even better is you can meal prep for the week!
Juice of 1 lemon
250 g tin sweetcorn
Lime coriander dressing
5 mason jars
Chilli Lentils Ingredients
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 Tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
200 g lentils
400 g can chopped tomatoes
1 bay leaf
250 mL vegetable stock
Lime Coriander Dressing Ingredients
Juice of 2 limes
Zest of 1 lime
Make the chilli lentils
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the oil on a medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, then add the garlic and cook another minute before adding the spices and salt.
- Add the lentils (rinsed and drained), tinned tomatoes, bay leaf and vegetable stock. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the mixture gets too dry, add a bit more vegetable stock.
Once the lentils are done, take out the bay leaf and let cool before adding to jars.
Make dressing while the lentils are simmering
- In a blender, add the avocado, coriander, lime juice and zest, and 125 mL water.
- Blend and add more water to reach desired consistency then set aside
- As the lentils are still simmering, chop the tomatoes and avocado into bite-sized pieces. Squeeze lemon juice onto the avocado and toss to ensure it doesn’t turn brown.
- Layer your mason Jars in the following order: Dressing, tomatoes chilli lentils, sweetcorn, avocado, coriander and tortilla crisps
- Store in the fridge up to 5 days. To eat, dump jar upside down into a salad bowl and enjoy.