Skip the café and make your own salted caramel latte at home, that has a protein punch. With all the sweet, salty and oh-so-creamy deliciousness, it’s hard to believe you’re sipping on 20g of plant-based protein, as well as veggies and greens… but believe me, it’s true.
250 mL coconut drink
½-1 scoop Vanilla Vega® Essentials
1 Tbsp vegan caramel sauce (or blend one frozen date and 1 tsp vanilla instead)
125 mL coffee, hot or cold
1/2 tsp sea salt
Optional topping: coconut whipped cream
Make It Hot:
- Combine the coconut drink and caramel and warm over medium heat.
- Blend the warm drink mixture, Vega Essentials and sea salt in a blender until frothy.
- Pour the blended mixture over coffee.
- Spoon froth from the blender on top.
Top with a dash of sea salt and caramel drizzle. Make it extra decadent with coconut whipped cream.
Make It Iced:
- Blend the coconut drink, caramel, Vega Essentials and sea salt in a blender until frothy.
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour the coffee over ice and top with the coconut mixture.
Top with a dash of sea salt and caramel drizzle.
Make It a Smoothie:
- Blend all the ingredients with 1 frozen banana.
- Top with a dash of sea salt and caramel drizzle.