Carbonara like you’ve never had before! Delicious, and super speedy to make, what more could you ask for?
100 g sliced shiitake mushrooms
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
1 tsp maple syrup
Pasta and Sauce
450 g dried spaghetti or gluten-free option
150 g cashew nuts
15 g nutritional yeast
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
180 mL water
Dash of salt
75 g frozen peas
Handful chopped parsley
- Set a pan of water on the hop to boil for the pasta.
- While it’s boiling, add the mushrooms, olive oil, soy sauce and maple syrup to a frying pan. Cook on a medium/low heat until browned then set aside.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water, and cook until al dente (still firm when you bite into it)
- While the pasta is cooking, blend together the cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, white wine vinegar, water and salt until smooth. Note: add the water slowly until desired consistency is reached
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add back to the pan with the peas and sauce. Heat through until the peas are cooked and the sauce it hot.
- Plate up the pasta, and top with the mushrooms, parsley and chilli flakes.