Reckon you can 'squash' this recipe into your weekly menu? It will be worth it we promise
1 medium butternut squash of your choice
Rapeseed oil, for drizzling and sautéing
1 onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
½ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp ground sage
1 apple, chopped
180 mL vegetable stock
200 g kale, chopped
1 x 400 g tin butter beans
60 g ground walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5.
- Slice the squash in half, from stem to base, and remove the seeds. Place the squash on a baking tray, drizzle with oil, and roast for 30 to 50 minutes or until tender.
- While the squash is roasting, prepare the filling. In a large pan, heat some oil and sauté the onion, celery, and carrot for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, thyme, sage, and salt. Sauté for an additional three minutes.
- Add the apple, vegetable stock, kale and beans. Allow to cook until the kale is wilted and most of the vegetable stock is evaporated, about 10 minutes over a medium heat.
- Pile the mixture into the squash halves and top with ground walnuts.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden.