Banana bread step aside, courgette bread is about to become your new obsession. Lather it with some nut butter and it’s a deliciously quick on-the-go morning breakfast or after school snacks, as well as a scrummy treat.
2 medium courgettes grated
1 Tbsp lemon juice
125 mL almond drink
100 g gluten-free flour
100 g gluten-free oat flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 Tbsp Vanilla Vega® Essentials
80 mL rapeseed oil
125 mL applesauce
70 g sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
75 g raisins
60 g chopped walnuts
90 g vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/ gas mark 4, then grease a loaf tin.
- Grate the courgette into a clean table cloth. Squeeze the grated courgette in the tea towel to remove excess moisture, this will ensure an airy loaf vs. a dense and heavy one.
- Combine the almond drink and lemon juice and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk lightly to combine.
- In medium bowl combine the oil, applesauce, sugar, almond drink mixture, and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Add the squeezed, grated zucchini.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry until just combined. Add the chocolate chips, raisins and walnuts if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Place the bread on cooling rack and cool completely before slicing.