Chocolate, coconut, peanut butter – need we say more? Try this one when you’re in the mood for an evening sweet treat that’s perfect for sharing.
1 x 400 mL can of coconut milk
2 scoops (74g) Chocolate Vega® Clean* Protein
4 Tbsp cacao nibs – plus extra for decoration
2 Tbsp peanut butter
6 cubes of ice
3 tsp date syrup
- Place a tin of coconut milk in the fridge upside down. Leave it there for a few hours or ideally overnight - you want all the solid coconut cream to separate and sit at the top of the tin, and the water to be at the bottom.
- Open the coconut milk and spoon the solid matter into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the liquid coconut water into a measuring jug and top up with water until you have 400mL of liquid.
- Place in a blender with 2 tbsp cacao nibs, the peanut butter, a pinch of salt, the ice and Chocolate Vega® Clean* Protein. Blend until smooth.
- Using an electric hand whisk, whisk the coconut solids for around 5 minutes on high speed until aerated and fluffy like whipped cream.
- Drizzle 2 tsp of date syrup into two glasses. Brush the top of the glasses with the remaining date syrup and press the sticky rim into the remaining cacao nibs to coat.
- Make a small insertion in both dates, hang the dates from the edges of the glasses.
- Pour the shake into the glasses and spoon on the whipped coconut cream to serve.