Ever tried cauliflower grilled as you would a steak? Why not give this a go for one scrumptious dinner.
Red Pepper Relish:
2 tsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely diced
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded and finely diced
½ tsp fresh thyme
1 large cauliflower
Olive oil, as needed
Salt and pepper
Optional: garlic or onion powder
Red Pepper Relish
- In a medium pan, heat the olive oil and cook the onion slowly until caramelized.
Add the white wine vinegar, the cook the garlic, roasted red pepper and thyme for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Cut the cauliflower in half, and then each half into 2 ¾ inch steaks.
- Season each steak.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and sear each side of the cauliflower steaks until golden – about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer each steak to a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with red pepper relish on top.