Ever wanted to make your own ice cream? Then this is the recipe for you!
Vegan Ice Cream
500 mL plant-based drink
60 g coconut or caster sugar
1 ripe avocado
1 serving Vanilla or Chocolate Vega Essentials
25 g cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
Vegan Ice Cream Method Ingredients
4 sandwich-sized re-sealable bags
4 gallon-sized re-sealable bags
12 handfuls of ice
200 g coarse salt
Vegan Whipped Cream
400 g tin coconut milk, chilled overnight
1 tsp vanilla extract
Sweetener, as desired (maple syrup, cane sugar, etc.)
1 large dark chocolate bar
80 mL coconut oil
Cherries, roasted nuts
Make Vegan Ice Cream
- Blend the ice cream ingredients in a blender until smooth and then pour evenly between 4 sandwich sized sealable bags. Seal tightly, trying to remove as much air as possible.
- In the 4 gallon sized bags, evenly distribute ice and rock salt.
- Place one sandwich sized bag into each gallon sized bag and seal tightly.
Squeeze bags for 10 to 15 minutes or until ice cream is thickened.
Make Coconut Whipped Cream
- Remove only the coconut cream from the tin (the thick white substance at the top of the can).
Using a mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add in vanilla extract and sweetener.
Make Chocolate Sauce
- Coarsely chop chocolate.
- In the microwave or on the hob, heat chocolate and coconut oil until just melted
- Place ice cream in bowls, top with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and desired toppings.