Snack, dessert or post-workout, these peanut butter cups will be your new go to! Make up a batch for the week and store in the freezer until needed.
4 Tbsp peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
1/2-1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 scoop (35g) vanilla Vega® Clean* Protein
265 g vegan chocolate or chocolate chips
Optional: chopped nuts or salt
- Stirring constantly, melt the peanut butter and coconut oil together in a pan on a low heat. Once incorporated, remove from heat and stir in Vega Clean* Protein until smooth. Set aside.
- Temper chocolate: Melt 2/3 chocolate in a pan over a low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the remaining chocolate. Stir until fully melted and mixed. This will ensure an even consistency and that the chocolate sets.
- Add a layer of chocolate to the bottom of 12 mini (or 6 regular) cupcake cases.
- Roll the peanut butter mixture into small balls. Flatten them into disks and place in the chocolate-lined cases before coating with the rest of the chocolate.
- Optional: lightly sprinkle chopped peanuts and sea salt on each cup.
Store in the freezer for at least 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
*At Vega®, Clean means: Non-GMO, suitable for vegetarians and vegans, gluten-free and non-dairy ingredients.