Are you a nut butter addict? So are we here at Vega HQ, however we make ours with a difference… a scoop of Vega! Add Clean* Protein to increase the protein content, or Vega Essentials for vitamins and minerals as well as protein. The choice is yours!
300 g unsalted hazelnuts
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 Tbsp maple syrup
2-4 Tbsp hazelnut or olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/ gas mark 4. Spread the hazelnuts over an 8x8 inch baking tray and roast for 8-10 minutes.
- Set the hazelnuts aside and let cool completely. Once cooled, remove as much of the skins as possible by rubbing with a paper towel.
- Add the hazelnuts to a food processor (a high-powered blender will work too) and process into a fine powder.
- Add the sea salt, vanilla, maple syrup and oil to the food processor and blend until it’s the creamy, spreadable consistency you want. Start with the smaller amount of maple syrup (2 tablespoons) and oil (3 tablespoons) and add more as needed. This will take some time so breathe and let it blend. Scape sides as required.
- Once you’ve reached your desired consistency add your choice of Vega powder and blend until creamy.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve (I prefer to store in the fridge).
- Spread it on toast, add it to smoothies, top protein pancake, or (my favorite way) eat it with a spoon.
*At Vega®, Clean means: Non-GMO, suitable for vegetarians and vegans, gluten-free and non-dairy ingredients.