Cranberries = the perfect Christmas tartness to your sweet bakes. Make these delicious cranberry chocolate chip cookies for when you need a little snack over the Christmas season.
1/2 large banana
180 mL rapeseed oil
150 g caster or brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
60 mL maple syrup
150 g gluten-free flour
1 heaped tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 heaping tsp cinnamon
200 g gluten-free oats
90 g dark chocolate chips
50 g fresh cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C/160° C fan/ gas mark 4. Grease and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana as smooth as possible. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil and sugar, mix well.
- Add in the mashed banana, vanilla and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to liquid. Stir well to ensure no clumps.
- Stir in the gluten-free oats.
- Mix in the dark chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons of mixture and place on the baking tray about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes and enjoy.
Top tip: Want to increase the protein content? Try adding a scoop of our delicious Vanilla Vega® Essentials instead of some flour