Love a cinnamon swirl? Then you will love our take on this classic… protein pancake style!
140 g gluten-free flour, like buckwheat
2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1½ tsp baking powder
470 mL plant-based drink, such as almond or oat
1 Tbsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp coconut oil
60 mL pancake batter
60 mL water
1 tsp maple syrup
- First make the pancake mix. Add the gluten-free flour, Vega powder, ground flaxseed, pinch of salt and baking powder to a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk together to combine. Whisk in the plant-based drink to form a smooth batter.
- Mix together the cinnamon mix ingredients into a small bowl, and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle over a medium heat and add a coconut oil to melt.
- Pour a spoonful of pancake mixture onto the pan.
- As the pancakes cook, add a cinnamon swirl on top of each pancake (the uncooked side).
- Once the underside of the pancake is cooked and edges start to bubble, flip over pancakes and continue to cook on the other side.
- Once pancakes are fully cooked, serve with maple syrup.
*At Vega®, Clean means: Non-GMO, suitable for vegetarians and vegans, gluten-free and non-dairy ingredients.