'Bean' a while since you made brownies? This recipe will be worth getting out the mixing bowl for, especially because of all the secret veggies hiding in them…
2 ½ Tbsp ground chia seeds
6 Tbsp water
1 x 400 g can black beans, drained
2 Tbsp coconut oil
75 g cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
75 g sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
50 g gluten-free flour
1 scoop chocolate Vega® Essentials
150 g courgette shredded
Optional toppings: vegan chocolate chips or nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/ gas mark 4, then grease a square cake tin.
- Combine the chia seeds and water in a bowl. Let gel for at least 3 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients except the courgette, flour and Vega. Blend for about three minutes or until smooth. Add in the flour and Vega and process until just combined. Fold in the courgette into the batter.
- Distribute the batter evenly into the lined cake tin. Add toppings if desired.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until top is firm and sides are starting to pull away from the tin.
- Set aside and cut into squares once cooled.